Questions? Call (314) 895-4040

Click 2 Call Submit Ticket

Click 2 Text


Points can add up quickly, and some people aren't aware of how many points just one little ticket can add. For example, did you know that pleading guilty on a No Proof of Insurance ticket will result in FOUR (4) points on your license?! Even worse, a Driving While Suspended guilty plea will result in TWELVE (12)! That's an automatic one year license revocation!

If you get 8 points on your license in an 18 month period, your license will be suspended. If it's your first time, your license will be suspended for 30 days, but if you've been suspended before, it will be an even longer suspension!

Even worse, if you get 12 or more points in one year, your license will be REVOKED for AT LEAST one year! That's why it's so important to hire a lawyer to fix your tickets!

For more information on how many points you can get click here.

For more information on how many points each ticket will cause, click here.

Once your license is suspended or revoked for points, you won't be eligible for reinstatement until your suspension or revocation time limit is up.

There are two possible ways to deal with a license that has been suspended or revoked for having too many points:

1) If there is a lot of time left on your suspension/revocation, you may be able to obtain a Limited Driving Privilege. Our LDP page explains the procedures and qualification requirements for an LDP.
  • A) Pay a reinstatement fee to your local driver's license office. (This is usually $20 but may be more depending upon the types of tickets that led up to your point violation).

  • B) Obtain SR-22 insurance through your auto insurance agent. You agent must file the SR-22 with the Department of Revenue and it must remain on file for 2 years.

  • C) If your license was revoked and not just suspended, you must retake the complete driver exam.

  • *There may be additional requirements depending on the tickets that led up to your point revocation. If you're not sure, call the DOR at (573) 751-4475 or call our office (314) 895-4040.

  • Once you have dealt with your Child Support holds, you're ready to move on:

    If there are other types of holds on your license, visit the corresponding link below

    Quick Ticket | Submission